“Children need nature for the healthy development of their senses, and, therefore, for learning and creativity,” – Richard Louv, Author of “Last Child in the Woods” and “The Nature Principle”.
I wholeheartedly agree.
Nature by far, offers the most magical and enchanting array of sensory exploration and learning for a child.
Children have been engaging their senses in the natural world sinse time began….it is the most natural place to explore and discover through our senses.
Take a PINE CONE:
You can touch it, smell it, crunch it, squish it, squeeze it, paint it, paint with it, throw it…
Step outside and let Nature be your teacher:
- Listen to the beauty of the bird song
- Collect rocks, pebbles, cones, leaves, feathers…
- Feel the soft summer breeze kiss your face
- Pour water into the earth and mix with a stick
- Lie down on the grass and watch the clouds float by…
- Walk barefoot amongst the perfumed flowers
Smell the perfumed scent of the flowers and make Petal Potions
Feel the smooth feathers, the spiky claws and the soft heartbeat of a chick
Let the sunset melt your heart…
Wishing you all a magical and enchanting day in nature, love and peace Marghanita x